Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Introducing myself

Welcome to my new blog! The blog I hope to actually write on a regular basis. As most of you know I already have two blogs about my children, this blog is all mine! I'm not saying that my kids won't make appearances here, because they are a part of my life. I plan on blogging about totally random things. I have never done a blog like this before, it feels like I am reading my diary out loud to the world, but I'm going to give it a try! 

For my first blog post I will tell you a little about myself.  I am a single mother, I have three boys, my seventeen year old, who I will call "the genius gamer", my six year old, who will be called "red rascal", and my four year old, "little warrior". My boys are awesome, they are very unique, smart, and they are all fighters and survivors. If you read my other blogs you know that already! 

I am getting close to 40, which drives me crazy. I love to read, I will read almost anything....almost! I don't watch a lot of television, but did get sucked into the whole "Walking Dead" craze, even though I detest Zombie's! I spend way to much time on Facebook,  not sure why, guess I'm just bored. I drive a lot, to various doctor's appointments for my boys. I hate driving and am so thankful that those appointments are slowing down. I have two boys in heaven, and several babies, who left so early that I never knew their genders. I did get to know Lucas and David, I held them in my arms. David left us at his birth, Lucas was with us for a month. 

My spouse and I are separated. This happened for many different reasons, none that I really feel like going into here. The less said about that, the better! 

I'm getting used to being a single mom. Getting used to doing things I absolutely hate, like hauling off the garbage! I'm getting used to being in this house alone, well alone without a stupid man sitting in the downstairs den, watching sports and ignoring me and the kids. 

I'm trying to date again, though I am not really sure if I am actually ready for that. You would think that a 36 year old woman could go on a date and not face the same drama and games that she faced when she was 17, well, that is proving to be difficult. Maybe I'm really just not ready for that. I may never be ready for that! 

I'm considering going back to school after six years of staying home with my children. I have a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, which is a fancy way of saying Education. I have decided that I don't want to teach, does that make me a bad person? I have decided to go back for a degree in what I should have done the first time around, Social Work. 

I am planning on going back to work, because after all, one can't live off of air! 

There has been a lot of heartbreak and pain in my life. I am trying to work through that, and get past it. Though some things never actually leave you. 





So, hi, this is me! I will see you next time, I hope I don't bore you to much. Somehow I don't think I will, my life is crazy! 


1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up and keep smiling. Challenges in life will always be there, but the way you handle them make you who you are and shape your future. I think you are doing a great job just by reading your previous blogs.

    ReplyDelete